Skip to main content

APC failed to deliver, says Atiku

2019: I’ll get Nigeria working again — ATIKU ABUJA — Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, yesterday unveiled his manifesto, tagged ‘Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again,’ framed along with his romanticised life journey from a firewood seller to a multi-billionaire.





Former vice-President Atiku Abubakar speaks during the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP)’s national convention in Port Harcourt, Rivers State on October 6, 2018.Nigeria’s main opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has picked Abubakar to challenge President Muhammadu Buhari who is seeking a second term in presidential polls scheduled for February 2019. / AFP PHOTO / Attired in a black suit and a white shirt, with a matching wine-coloured tie, the former vice-president, who spoke from the sitting room of his Asokoro, Abuja, residence reiterated his commitment to restructure the Nigerian state, attract investments and provide world-class education to teeming Nigerian youths across the land. He also promised a policy of inclusiveness with an affirmation that “Atiku Abubakar is 100% for 100% of Nigerians, 100% of the time.” Introducing his policies, the PDP presidential candidate cited his experience working in the Olusegun Obasanjo cabinet where he said the government was able to achieve infrastructure and development milestones, including telephone revolution and cancellation of the country’s foreign debts. Encouraged by the outflow of support across social media platforms, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, the PDP in a statement, following the midday social media broadcast, said that Atiku’s energetic presentation was unlike President Muhammadu Buhari “who is adjudged by Nigerians to be aloof, detached and unconcerned.” The policy document, themed “Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again” was showcased in three different presentations of a ten-page executive summary, a 68-page summary and a more detailed 186-page publication which gives more detailed answers to policy issues encapsulated. APC failed to deliver, says Atiku Berating the government of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for allegedly failing to deliver on promises made to the electorate a few years ago, the PDP flag bearer said upon election, he would change the governance paradigm and bring about a change in the political leadership of the nation. He said: “The sad fact today, as you know, is that too many of our people are not working and are living in poverty and insecurity. The very fabric of our society is breaking down. We have never been so divided as a nation. “The most important question in this election is:”Are you better off than you were four years ago? Are you richer or poorer?” That is why our primary focus is to get Nigeria working again. “However, I am not here to tell you how I will get Nigeria working again. Instead, I would like to tell you how we will get Nigeria working again together. I am strongly of the view that I am just one Nigerian and one Nigerian cannot be as wise as all Nigerians. “That is why I will offer an inclusive leadership. Atiku Abubakar is 100% for 100% of Nigerians, 100% of the time. Too often, Nigerians have been promised better governance by those seeking their votes. “Such individuals have preyed on the legitimate desires of our people for their conditions to be improved, that they make all sorts of promises. “But it is one thing to promise and another thing to deliver. I am not one for making grandiose promises. Rather than promises, I believe in policies. A promise is an indication to do a future action. A policy is a plan to achieve future goals. “I believe in setting goals and coming up with realistic plans and policies to achieving those goals. To me, leadership is having the discipline to commit to one’s goals until they are a reality. “I have succeeded in running my private enterprises which now employ 50,000 Nigerians because I believe in policies and I have the discipline to stay with them until they become a reality. Why I’m running for President, by Atiku “It is my desire to run for the Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, not because I have a bag full of promises, but because I am prepared to lead. “Over the last 18 months, I have worked with the best experts Nigeria has to offer to come up with policies and plans that, when implemented, will get Nigeria going in the right direction again. “I am not talking about what I can do. I am talking of what I have done before when I was Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from 1999 to 2007, I chaired the National Economic Council that gave Nigeria her highest and most consistent GDP growth of over 6% per annum.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/apc-failed-to-deliver-says-atiku/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Politics- Prince Udebhulu promises to resuscitate some of the moribund markets in the local government communities

EKPOMA- The All Progressives Congress (APC) chairmanship aspirant in Esan west local government and the most vibrant, bold, erudite and promising young politician, Prince Kelly O. Udebhulu, promises to lead his people to the promise land if given the opportunity to serve his people. In his evening consultative live chat broadcast on his streamline TV, Prince Udebhulu assures all Esan west people to be rest assured as the long awaited development would be seen and he is not promising what he cannot do or achieve. He declared that he isn't taken the politics as do or die affair. Prince Udebhulu promised to set up several empowerment programmes that will benefit the people while vowing to resuscitate some of the moribund markets in the local government communities. He also vowed to eschew all sorts of multiple taxations while promising to hold constant stakeholders meeting with the people to know their needs and filling it. Prince Udebhulu however advised all aspiring aspirants to...

Death penalty for hate speech will be amended says Senator sponsoring hate speech bill

LATEST POLITICS NEWS Senator sponsoring hate speech bill says death penalty will be amend Nurudeen Lawal - Senator Aliyu Abdullahi, the sponsor of the controversial hate speech bill, said death penalty in the bill will be amended - Abdullahi said the bill will be modified to reflect the views and wishes of Nigerians before it is passed into law - Nigerians have rejected the death penalty recommended as punishment for hate speech offenders by the bill, saying it is too harsh Senator Aliyu Abdullahi who is the sponsor of the bill seeking to check hate speech has reportedly given in to the agitations by Nigerians that death penalty will be amended.  The senator who is the deputy chief whip of the upper legislative chamber made this known in a statement released on Sunday, November 24.  According to the statement, the lawmaker, who is representing Niger North senatorial district, said the bill will be modified to reflect the views and wishes of Nigerians before it is pass...

Nigeria unveiling first national sex offenders register

Nigeria has launched its first national sexual offenders register, setting up a database of those convicted for sexual violence in a move seen as an important step towards clamping down on abuse. The "Sexual Offender Register" will contain the names of all those prosecuted for sexual violence since 2015. One in four Nigerian women are sexually abused before they turn 18, with the majority of cases of sexual abuse in country are not prosecuted, according to the  United Nations children agency UNICEF .  At Monday's launch in the capital, Abuja, Sadiya Farouq,  minister for humanitarian affairs, said  "the register will serve as a strategy to stop those engaged in violence against women". She added that a humanitarian and security crisis in northeast Nigeria caused by a decade-long armed campaign had seen a rise in cases of sexual abuse which needed to be addressed.  The register will be available online to better help the public, state b...

Latest Nollywood ESAN cinema film "IBHALUKHOR" (the innocent girl) season 2

Today is one of my great day of my life’ – Bayelsa gov-elect, David Lyon murders English grammar (video)

Nigerians are reacting to a viral video of Bayelsa state governor-elect, David Lyon, ”murdering” English language when he addressed some newsmen shortly after his election. Lyon was at the state house earlier this week to meet with Presidnet Buhari and shortly after the meeting, he addressed state house correspondents and his spoken English left many a little suprised. ”Today is one of my great day of my life. The great people of Bayelsans have spoken their mind by taking time to vote for our great party APC. It’s indeed a welcome development because in our own campaigns, we give to them, when being elected and swear in, we give to them security and development; it is our key agendas,” he said

President Buhari visits most rev'd justin welby #shocking photos

I wouldn’t have been In BBNaija house without my wife’s consent’ – Mike

 Mike Olayemi Edwards, emerged as one of the favourites of fans and viewers in the course of the recently-concluded fourth season of Big Brother Naija reality TV show.Apart from emerging first runner-up of the Big Brother ‘Pepper Dem’ edition, Mike, a product of a Nigerian mother and a Jamaican father, won many over by not becoming entangled with any woman in the house. He spoke to ADEDAYO ODULAJA in this interviewWhat is your view on the fact that Nigerians can’t stop talking about how you stayed faithful to your wife during the course of BBNaija 4? I am a strong individual, a strong man and I didn’t show my weakness, so, to me that was just amazing. I expect nothing less from my girl. To remain in the house for 99 days I never had any personal doubts for me. It’s just normal. I made a commitment before I even said I do, I made it clear to myself to be faithful till death. But was there any time you were tempted by any of the ladies or anything you saw? No, there was...

Kate Henshaw remorseful after bashing a woman’s car in Lekki TODAY

Popular Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw has taken to Twitter to narrate the awful thing she did to a woman who tried to help her. According to her, she was at Lekki roundabout and the kind woman created space for her to move her car. There wasn’t enough space to manoeuvre and she ended up bashing the woman’s car. The kind woman however got upset but didn’t react, rather she drove off saying, ‘Kate Henshaw you bashed my car’.

Face of top flyers international 5th Edition 2017

It's was fun

Popular Esan Actor gets married {Ehis charlse}

  Ehi charlse akhidenor  A vecterian actor in the Esan industry got married on the 8th oct 2016 to his lovely wife mrs Blessing akhidenor. according to him he discribes his lovely wife to be calm gentle lovely and the best woman a man can ever have as a wife.  [Mrs blessing akhidenor] " i love my husband so much he is the best thing that have ever happend to me, he is a calm, gentle man and above all a God fearing man i love him so much and am happy i married my heart desire" "Photo speak"   Esan celebrities snaps with couples