Skip to main content

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-


- Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.

- Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.

- Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009,

 - I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.

- I handed over dollar exchange rate of N187 per Dollar official rate in our banks, compared to their N360 now official rate for a Dollar

-“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.

- I also inherited a country where illiteracy rate particularly in the Northern part was alarming.

- I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education.

- But I handed over a country with massive infrastructural improvement in almost higher institutions.

- I inherited a country where agricultural inputs and production were almost zero.

- But I handed over a country where a bag of rice was sold for N6,500 to N7000.

- My regime since the establishment of ecological fund office did more irrigation dams in the North and other parts of the country than other subsequent administrations put together.

- I inherited epileptic fuel supplies resulting to endless queues at the filling stations. I maintained despite enormous challenges of fuel subsidies and handed over a relatively stable fuel regime and also at a managed local price of N87 per litre.

- I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.

- In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.

- The former President further stated " I inherited a country where people were almost losing hope on the credibility of its electoral process but I noticed that  democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process. I handed over electoral process that engendered fairness in its conduct and conclusiveness ".

- He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.

- “The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.

- Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.

- That is where the leadership question comes into play.

- As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.

- How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?

- With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.

- Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, 'INEC', having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it. We sailed through because I maintained and still believe that my personal ambition, interest is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.

- My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.

- Pls circulate it for them to know. The deceit is getting too much

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Politics- Prince Udebhulu promises to resuscitate some of the moribund markets in the local government communities

EKPOMA- The All Progressives Congress (APC) chairmanship aspirant in Esan west local government and the most vibrant, bold, erudite and promising young politician, Prince Kelly O. Udebhulu, promises to lead his people to the promise land if given the opportunity to serve his people. In his evening consultative live chat broadcast on his streamline TV, Prince Udebhulu assures all Esan west people to be rest assured as the long awaited development would be seen and he is not promising what he cannot do or achieve. He declared that he isn't taken the politics as do or die affair. Prince Udebhulu promised to set up several empowerment programmes that will benefit the people while vowing to resuscitate some of the moribund markets in the local government communities. He also vowed to eschew all sorts of multiple taxations while promising to hold constant stakeholders meeting with the people to know their needs and filling it. Prince Udebhulu however advised all aspiring aspirants to...

Kate Henshaw remorseful after bashing a woman’s car in Lekki TODAY

Popular Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw has taken to Twitter to narrate the awful thing she did to a woman who tried to help her. According to her, she was at Lekki roundabout and the kind woman created space for her to move her car. There wasn’t enough space to manoeuvre and she ended up bashing the woman’s car. The kind woman however got upset but didn’t react, rather she drove off saying, ‘Kate Henshaw you bashed my car’.

Laugh zone 9ja Episode 5

https ://youtu.be/ tBJjJ1CEJM0 This episode will make you laugh see how 3 apprenticed declared an engine missing in a whole workshop when oga wanted to have fun with his girlfriend this is a whole comic experience you can't afford to miss hurry now watch our recent episode and previous episode God bless you👍🏿 Laugh zone 9ja we global now!! Drop your comments

Death penalty for hate speech will be amended says Senator sponsoring hate speech bill

LATEST POLITICS NEWS Senator sponsoring hate speech bill says death penalty will be amend Nurudeen Lawal - Senator Aliyu Abdullahi, the sponsor of the controversial hate speech bill, said death penalty in the bill will be amended - Abdullahi said the bill will be modified to reflect the views and wishes of Nigerians before it is passed into law - Nigerians have rejected the death penalty recommended as punishment for hate speech offenders by the bill, saying it is too harsh Senator Aliyu Abdullahi who is the sponsor of the bill seeking to check hate speech has reportedly given in to the agitations by Nigerians that death penalty will be amended.  The senator who is the deputy chief whip of the upper legislative chamber made this known in a statement released on Sunday, November 24.  According to the statement, the lawmaker, who is representing Niger North senatorial district, said the bill will be modified to reflect the views and wishes of Nigerians before it is pass...

BBNaija 2019: What lies in the future of Mercy-Ike's relationship?

• Reality tv show, Big Brother Nigeria has ended. But, the effect still lingers. 30 days have passed since the grand finale that produced Mercy as the winner of the "Pepper Dem" edition and we are looking at the evolution of her romantic entanglement with Ike. The pair fell in love on the reality TV show and there are no signs of them slowing down • • When the relationship kicked off in the big brother house, fans had a lot of mixed feelings and of course, aired their views. One faction believed that they were not a perfect match and Mercy would dump Ike once the show is over. The other faction thought they were cute together, the perfect Bonnie and Clyde couple. • • In the big brother house, the pair were always scheming (from theft to purchasing immunity) and encouraging each other to be the best versions of themselves. Mercy Lambo hated losing at any task and Ike on the other hand constantly spoke about how winning the game was the only thing on his mind (he eventua...

My breast are too heavy and I hate themđŸ˜„đŸ˜„ Nigerian lady cries out

In her post, she disclosed how much she hates being busty and also narrated how her mum, neighbours and school mates shamed her for growing breasts early. She recounted how men were already trying to take advantage of her from the age of 9, by purchasing her things, just because she began growing breasts earlier than her peers. According to her, when her mother realized her breasts for the first time, she created a scene, as she called neighbours to come and see for themselves. She added that classmates also bullied and shamed her for her big breasts. She wrote: “Growing up I hated my big boobs It’s was not this funny o. Growing up I hate my boobs, I used to cry every night, lord why me? Why do I have boobs at the tender age of 9 wen my mate were all flat chested? Why ? Why? Now everyone thinks I have “spoil”. I recall meeting my best friend begging her to tie wrapper very tight on my chest so they can go back…true story. The reason I hate my boobs was my mother, su...

Kogi election was outright war, won by bullets

Pic.2 Gov. Yahaya Bello during his accreditation before voting at Ahache Agassa Okenegba Ward, during the 2019 Kogi governorship election in Okene Local government Area of Kogi on Saturday (16/11/19). 07628/16/11/2019/Jones Bamidele/NAN Executive Director, Justice and Peace Development Initiative, JDPC, Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Rev. Fr. Lawrence Emehel, monitored the last governorship election in Kogi State as a member of Nigeria Civil Society Situation Room. In this interview, he gives gory graphic details of the exercise, concluding that what took place did not qualify to be called an election. Let me begin with the logistics. At previous meetings, Prof. James Apam, the Resident Electoral Commissioner in Kogi State, made known the commission’s plans to deploy materials to address logistics challenges as was experienced in the general electionS earlier this year. Generally, there was an improvement in terms of preparedness on the part of Independent National Electoral Commissi...

Big Brother Naija 2020: The Fuss, Expectations, Audition And Rewards wow

• Big brother Naija is undoubtedly the biggest reality TV show in Africa. The show is four seasons strong with winners like Katung, Efe, Miracle and most recently, Mercy. The show boasts of fans scattered across the continent (and the world) but at the same time, it has received a lot a backlash from critics. They think that the show only promotes immorality and the quest for quick wealth. For this reason, The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) in July, wrote a petition to the President Muhammadu Buhari to stop the airing of the just-concluded edition. • • From every season of the show, one fact that remains is that Big Brother Naija is a great platfo • • rm for contestants and brands alike. Contestants are launched into the limelight with brands lining up to partner with them. This is a clear indication that the show is not solely for entertainment but an opportunity to 'blow' if the right cards are played. • • • • • As much as everyone who goes into the Big Brother...

Davido struggles to snap with wandering coal and the prince #shocking photo no one know tomorrow

Never give up in life, never fail to celebrate others  lastly never give up on your self no body knows tomorrow 🙏

On News!! See The World’s Longest Car” It Has Swimming Pool Inside

Cars are big boys’ toys. Most men will forgive you for sleeping with their wives but will never ever let you mess with their rides. Well, if you are one of them, I mean a sucker for cars, this piece will most definitely make your day. There are innumerable car models that come with tones of attractive features but none has surpassed the American Dream Limo which is currently making headlines, thanks to its super exaggerated length and other enticements like a swimming pool, a helicopter helipad among others. The car is considered as the world longest car. The American Dream Limo, a car that has not only turned heads but also left tongues wagging is owned by car collector and designer Jay Ohrberg of Burbank, California, US. Jay designed the car himself and now hires it out to people through his car hire company. The designer basically designed it for Hollywood movie to display and show in films. The 100ft long limo has 26 wheels and other stunning features like a King sized w...