Skip to main content

I wouldn’t have been In BBNaija house without my wife’s consent’ – Mike

 Mike Olayemi Edwards, emerged as one of the favourites of fans and viewers in the course of the recently-concluded fourth season of Big Brother Naija reality TV show.Apart from emerging first runner-up of the Big Brother ‘Pepper Dem’ edition, Mike, a product of a Nigerian mother and a Jamaican father, won many over by not becoming entangled with any woman in the house. He spoke to ADEDAYO ODULAJA in this interviewWhat is your view on the fact that Nigerians can’t stop talking about how you stayed faithful to your wife during the course of BBNaija 4?

I am a strong individual, a strong man and I didn’t show my weakness, so, to me that was just amazing. I expect nothing less from my girl. To remain in the house for 99 days I never had any personal doubts for me. It’s just normal. I made a commitment before I even said I do, I made it clear to myself to be faithful till death.

But was there any time you were tempted by any of the ladies or anything you saw?

No, there was no time like that. It was all about my resolve from the beginning.

Your wife has hinted of your plan to relocate to Nigeria from your UK base. Do you plan to see that through?

Yes, I plan to move to Nigeria immediately. My wife and I are making plans together. Right now, we are still discussing and making arrangements. For now, we are taking it day by day.

Being an athlete already means you are in the limelight of sorts, why did you decide go for Big Brother?

It was simply because I consider it one of the greatest platforms in the world and I wanted to challenge myself by going for it. To be honest, it was something I saw in the challenge and it was the fear of the unknown. It was more attractive to me because I knew that it was what I wanted to do, challenge myself beyond. You know, if you do the same thing expecting different results, it’s insanity. So, I knew, let’s try something like this and see how far we can go and it ended up being a great opportunity. I will never regret it.

You apparently fared well in terms of rating but do you think anything worked against you winning the show?

I can’t really say because I knew I was real. I can’t be anybody else but myself. I am confident enough to know that it pays to be myself. Truth be told, I feel like I can go through a lot of ups and downs and somehow find the way to persevere and you know, I’m an athlete. I can’t stop being me at this stage, I don’t know anything else that could be used as a strategy aside from me being myself. I know consistency is always key for me. So, that’s the only way I could describe it. I trust the process of being consistent every day, and I wanted to walk out a winner and it didn’t fail me, I walked out a winner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Politics- Prince Udebhulu promises to resuscitate some of the moribund markets in the local government communities

EKPOMA- The All Progressives Congress (APC) chairmanship aspirant in Esan west local government and the most vibrant, bold, erudite and promising young politician, Prince Kelly O. Udebhulu, promises to lead his people to the promise land if given the opportunity to serve his people. In his evening consultative live chat broadcast on his streamline TV, Prince Udebhulu assures all Esan west people to be rest assured as the long awaited development would be seen and he is not promising what he cannot do or achieve. He declared that he isn't taken the politics as do or die affair. Prince Udebhulu promised to set up several empowerment programmes that will benefit the people while vowing to resuscitate some of the moribund markets in the local government communities. He also vowed to eschew all sorts of multiple taxations while promising to hold constant stakeholders meeting with the people to know their needs and filling it. Prince Udebhulu however advised all aspiring aspirants to...

Laugh zone 9ja Episode 5

https ://youtu.be/ tBJjJ1CEJM0 This episode will make you laugh see how 3 apprenticed declared an engine missing in a whole workshop when oga wanted to have fun with his girlfriend this is a whole comic experience you can't afford to miss hurry now watch our recent episode and previous episode God bless you👍🏿 Laugh zone 9ja we global now!! Drop your comments

Kate Henshaw remorseful after bashing a woman’s car in Lekki TODAY

Popular Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw has taken to Twitter to narrate the awful thing she did to a woman who tried to help her. According to her, she was at Lekki roundabout and the kind woman created space for her to move her car. There wasn’t enough space to manoeuvre and she ended up bashing the woman’s car. The kind woman however got upset but didn’t react, rather she drove off saying, ‘Kate Henshaw you bashed my car’.

Death penalty for hate speech will be amended says Senator sponsoring hate speech bill

LATEST POLITICS NEWS Senator sponsoring hate speech bill says death penalty will be amend Nurudeen Lawal - Senator Aliyu Abdullahi, the sponsor of the controversial hate speech bill, said death penalty in the bill will be amended - Abdullahi said the bill will be modified to reflect the views and wishes of Nigerians before it is passed into law - Nigerians have rejected the death penalty recommended as punishment for hate speech offenders by the bill, saying it is too harsh Senator Aliyu Abdullahi who is the sponsor of the bill seeking to check hate speech has reportedly given in to the agitations by Nigerians that death penalty will be amended.  The senator who is the deputy chief whip of the upper legislative chamber made this known in a statement released on Sunday, November 24.  According to the statement, the lawmaker, who is representing Niger North senatorial district, said the bill will be modified to reflect the views and wishes of Nigerians before it is pass...

On News!! See The World’s Longest Car” It Has Swimming Pool Inside

Cars are big boys’ toys. Most men will forgive you for sleeping with their wives but will never ever let you mess with their rides. Well, if you are one of them, I mean a sucker for cars, this piece will most definitely make your day. There are innumerable car models that come with tones of attractive features but none has surpassed the American Dream Limo which is currently making headlines, thanks to its super exaggerated length and other enticements like a swimming pool, a helicopter helipad among others. The car is considered as the world longest car. The American Dream Limo, a car that has not only turned heads but also left tongues wagging is owned by car collector and designer Jay Ohrberg of Burbank, California, US. Jay designed the car himself and now hires it out to people through his car hire company. The designer basically designed it for Hollywood movie to display and show in films. The 100ft long limo has 26 wheels and other stunning features like a King sized w...

INEC instructed Not To Consent Melaye Return To Senate: PDP

The appeal court had annulled the February election of Melaye and ordered a fresh one which held on November 16, an exercise that was declared inconclusive while a supplementary poll fixed for November 30. Kola Ologbondiyan, spokesman of the PDP, while speaking on Saturday expressed worry that INEC might not conduct a free and fair election. He said, “It is public knowledge that all accredited local and international observers, including the Civil Society Situation Room, have declared that the elections did not meet the minimum standard for credible election and have unanimously called for outright cancelation. ” “There is indeed nothing to indicate that more people will not be massacred in the proposed Kogi West Senatorial re-run election. It is therefore doubtful if Nigerians will be prepared to participate in that re-run given their sordid experiences in the last election. “There is already a growing consensus across the nation that participating in elections by INE...

BBNaija 2019: What lies in the future of Mercy-Ike's relationship?

• Reality tv show, Big Brother Nigeria has ended. But, the effect still lingers. 30 days have passed since the grand finale that produced Mercy as the winner of the "Pepper Dem" edition and we are looking at the evolution of her romantic entanglement with Ike. The pair fell in love on the reality TV show and there are no signs of them slowing down • • When the relationship kicked off in the big brother house, fans had a lot of mixed feelings and of course, aired their views. One faction believed that they were not a perfect match and Mercy would dump Ike once the show is over. The other faction thought they were cute together, the perfect Bonnie and Clyde couple. • • In the big brother house, the pair were always scheming (from theft to purchasing immunity) and encouraging each other to be the best versions of themselves. Mercy Lambo hated losing at any task and Ike on the other hand constantly spoke about how winning the game was the only thing on his mind (he eventua...

I started 2019 with my parents but became an orphan within 6 months’ – Actress Queen Nwokoye

2019 will remain a sad year to remember for Nollywood actress, Queen Nwokoye. The beautiful actress yesterday revealed that the year brought her sorrow and pain because she lost her father and mother within six months. 2019 will remain a sad year to remember for Nollywood actress, Queen Nwokoye. The beautiful actress yesterday revealed that the year brought her sorrow and pain because she lost her father and mother within six months. Nwokoye has not gotten over the shock completely, but she gave God the praise. She took to her Instagram page on Saturday to express her mind about the tragedy that befell her. She wrote: “I started 2019 with my Mum and My Dad and within 6 months, I became an orphan. I still don’t know how I managed to pull through two burial ceremonies within 6 months. “I can’t question God but my heart bleeds for them. I take solace in the fact that they are in a better place. “Today, I have made a decision to be happy and put everything behind me. God i...

My breast are too heavy and I hate them😥😥 Nigerian lady cries out

In her post, she disclosed how much she hates being busty and also narrated how her mum, neighbours and school mates shamed her for growing breasts early. She recounted how men were already trying to take advantage of her from the age of 9, by purchasing her things, just because she began growing breasts earlier than her peers. According to her, when her mother realized her breasts for the first time, she created a scene, as she called neighbours to come and see for themselves. She added that classmates also bullied and shamed her for her big breasts. She wrote: “Growing up I hated my big boobs It’s was not this funny o. Growing up I hate my boobs, I used to cry every night, lord why me? Why do I have boobs at the tender age of 9 wen my mate were all flat chested? Why ? Why? Now everyone thinks I have “spoil”. I recall meeting my best friend begging her to tie wrapper very tight on my chest so they can go back…true story. The reason I hate my boobs was my mother, su...

Kogi election was outright war, won by bullets

Pic.2 Gov. Yahaya Bello during his accreditation before voting at Ahache Agassa Okenegba Ward, during the 2019 Kogi governorship election in Okene Local government Area of Kogi on Saturday (16/11/19). 07628/16/11/2019/Jones Bamidele/NAN Executive Director, Justice and Peace Development Initiative, JDPC, Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Rev. Fr. Lawrence Emehel, monitored the last governorship election in Kogi State as a member of Nigeria Civil Society Situation Room. In this interview, he gives gory graphic details of the exercise, concluding that what took place did not qualify to be called an election. Let me begin with the logistics. At previous meetings, Prof. James Apam, the Resident Electoral Commissioner in Kogi State, made known the commission’s plans to deploy materials to address logistics challenges as was experienced in the general electionS earlier this year. Generally, there was an improvement in terms of preparedness on the part of Independent National Electoral Commissi...